We recently fell in love! With a charming little village up high on a mountain top called Wengen.
One of the reasons we loved the trip so very much is thanks to the helpful service and stress-free location of the Sunstar Alpine Hotel Wengen. Here’s the top 5 reasons we owe a big thumbs up to this 4-star hotel.
1. Personalized Care. Sometimes life isn’t black & white and we love the little exceptions the hotel will make for you. For instance if you’re eager to hit the slopes before breakfast, you may order a small meal to-go the previous day. Or if you’d rather trade snow for the sauna, ask to have the facilities turned on during the day when normally closed.
2. Little Details. Big Difference. The Sunstar gets an A+ at the little details that go a looong way. For instance, we enjoyed having an easy to carry bag pre-packed with swimming pool bathrobes & towels, making the mini-bar complimentary, Free WIFI (it is 2018….why do hotels still charge for WIFI!) and picking you up at the train station.
Looking out for all family members, if you bring your dog, they’ll put out 2 doggie bowls and a plush pillow out and if you bring your baby, they’ll arrange a changing mat, bottle warmer and baby bath.
3. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner & Drinks. Breakfast is a bottomless buffet of scrumptious stations set in the main restaurant. Highlights include the make-your-own pancake machine, sliced bread baked fresh steps away at the Wengen bakery and Sunday’s Champagne.
Kick things up a notch by renting the Private Raclette & Grill Hut for 8 – 14 people. Absolutely adorable set in a circular wooden cabin with an open fire as the centerpiece, it’s yours for the evening. Giggle with friends as raclette sizzles over the flames!
To end the evening, nestle up in the bar. With snow-covered mountains peaking out the frosted windows, the fire crackling with romance and country-style mountain couches, is there really anywhere else you’d rather be after a day of skiing?
4. Family Time = Fun Time. There’s many amenities for families with our favorite being the baby / toddler play area directly adjacent to the chalet-style bar (hey, moms deserve a bubbly too!). For big / little kids board games and playing cards are free to borrow at the front desk and there’s an evening film at 7pm.
The rooms are comfortable and while not super modern or super posh, it gives mom a sigh of relief as you know these rugs have been run along once before. Once inside you’ll have fun finding plastic colorful kids water cups, a baby bed and kids robes. And while at first glance, the Duplex Suite might only include visions of toddler tantrums on the stairs, the sturdy baby gate can rest assure you that separation is safe…and a little privacy for mom & dad is quite welcomed!
5. The Wellness World. A sauna, steam and indoor pool welcome you but what really draws you in is at 8pm it becomes a Buddha Bath with candles, neon lights and a funky atmosphere.
Sunstar Alpine Hotel Wengen
Dorfstrasse, 3823 Wengen (map)
Sunstar Website | +41 33 856 52 00
Check out our Guide to Wengen and enjoy your trip ladies!
Lockdown was catastrophic for small businesses, but the these trailblazers found strength from within and didn’t skip a beat. We are honored to share their stories.read more
The current health crisis has us thinking out-of-the-box for safe ways to satisfy our Swiss travel desires while protecting ourselves and the community around us.read more