The Carlton Restaurant and Bar on Zurich’s Bahnhofstrasse claims that “tea is always a good idea!” After our visit to experience the return of their English Afternoon Tea season, we couldn’t agree more!
To help you get in the mood for a cuppa with your girls as summer cools to winter, here are six reasons why English Afternoon Tea at the Restaurant Carlton is divine!
– Tucked away just off the hustle and bustle of Bahnhofstrasse, Carlton has an exceptionally beautiful patio. It is the middle of the city, but without being in the middle of the noise. Inside the restaurant, the art deco meets modern design makes English Afternoon Tea even that more elegant.
– There’s no shortage of teas to select from. Carlton has 25 teas at your fingertips served with unique timers so that you can be sure to steep them just the right amount of time for optimal flavor.
– Cakes and scones come in traditional, vegetarian and vegan. No matter what your dietary needs are, there is an option for you!
– Go royal with champagne or sherry. In addition to their base menu, you can Tea Royal which includes an aperitif.
Zuri Girl Tip: For moms-to-be or otherwise, they do have non-alcoholic options.
– Homemade scones with cream and Carlton strawberry jam. Is there anything more left to say? Not to mention the sweets and savories served with tea.
– Carlton’s tea sommelier, the only UK certified one in Switzerland, stopped by our table to answer any questions about tea we had. He shared that traditional tea is derived from the same plant. It is how the leaves are processed that results in white, yellow, green, oolong, black, or post-fermented tea.
Article & Photos by Zuri Girl Ashley Ringger…Ashley regularly contributes fun and insightful articles about life in Switzerland. She might even know more about the country than her Swiss husband! Ashley splits her working life between an international school and Set Sails Media. In her spare time this California native likes to stay active by going to the gym, sewing, traveling, and cooking with/for friends. She also can’t say no to a good book.
Lockdown was catastrophic for small businesses, but the these trailblazers found strength from within and didn’t skip a beat. We are honored to share their stories.read more
The current health crisis has us thinking out-of-the-box for safe ways to satisfy our Swiss travel desires while protecting ourselves and the community around us.read more