Top 5 Reasons we Love Romy Maxime…
1. Her Style. Professional photographers know how to tell a story, while capturing your angles and light in just the right manner. Romy’s personal style is so captivating, one cannot help but become enchanted by each story unfolding behind the camera. She shoots weddings, engagements, families and interiors under her alias, Andrea Kellan, but it is Romy Maxime who is undeniably talented and she sells limited Fine Art prints of her work.
2. Her Experience. This woman is a creative artist who just wants to be behind the camera. She prefers to work alone, without assistants, to fully immerse into the photoshoot and capture those precious moments that her trained eye behind the lens can capture. She is very modest, but do not let that fool you. Her work has been featured in Vogue Italia, Rolling Stone and Tatler, among many others, and she has been honored as one of the best wedding photographers by British Vogue. Her experience shooting Alice Phoebe Lou in Africa for Rolling Stone Magazine is still one of her personal favorite shoots and you simply have to see the magical images for yourself.
3. Her Passion. Romy loves working with women. Sure, she’s enjoyed a few high profile photo shoots with men, such as this one in Nairobi with fashion designer David Avido featured in Vogue Italia. However, coming from a household of 5 daughters, she really enjoys connecting with women through the camera lens.
4. Her Hospitality. She knows how to make you feel not only welcome, but very comfortable. Prior to a photoshoot, she wants to get to know you and to help extract your beauty on camera. Meeting Romy is like meeting an old friend who you could just gab with for hours over a glass of wine and loads of laughter. Meanwhile, she keeps it professional and captures you at your best, with a glimmer in your eye and an undeniably relaxed and attractive countenance.
5. Her. Romy Maxime. The woman behind the lens is a beautiful soul from South Africa, bursting with joie de vivre. She has lived and worked across the US, South Africa and Germany. After, very unfortunately, losing her Swiss-born father to Covid this year, she decided to relocate to Zurich to reconnect to her roots and embrace life as a 1/2 Swiss, with a full South African perspective to enjoy and savor every moment of life. Future photoshoots in Switzerland are lucky to have Romy Maxime’s viewfinder and experience while opportunities to book her time still last… as we are certain her diary will fill up quickly.
How to Win an Advent Calendar Prize?
Complete the form below to enter to win today’s prize.
Daily from 1 – 25 December, Girlfriend Guide is giving away 25 gifts in 25 days to 25 winners.
share this page on:
This year, we need safe options to celebrate the holidays and Switzerland’s glorious winter season. Covid may require us to distance and imagine smiles behind masks…however, it cannot dampen our desire to explore.read more
Lockdown was catastrophic for small businesses, but the these trailblazers found strength from within and didn’t skip a beat. We are honored to share their stories.read more