Top 5 Reasons we Love Caroline Rohwer Hairdressing…
1. The Locations. We were thrilled when Caroline moved to her new salon address on Appollostrasse 8, August 2019, complete with an enlarged, bright space framed with gorgeous windows just next to our favorite cafe: Bohemia. The heart and soul of the salon seamlessly carried over, but the enhanced glamour is testimony to the fact that Girls Just Wanna Have Fun at the Caroline Rohwer salon…that’s why this year during the height of a pandemic, she successfully opened a second location for her clients in Zug at Ober Altstadt 9. For our non-German speaking friends, Caroline and her team are native English-speakers so you have comfort knowing that your desires will be communicated without nuances getting lost in translation.
2. The New Zug Location. The team behind Van Treese Design worked magic on the renovation of the new Caroline Rohwer salon in Zug. Once an art gallery, then a children’s theater with black and dark purple walls, the premises has been transformed to reveal a bright urban escape complete with trendy palm fiber lampshades and mezzanine-style wooden beams that transport you away from the bustle of the city while you update your style with a team you can trust.
3. The Team. You know you’ve found a gem of a team when everyone is glowing with joy to do their work day in and day out. Arriving to work dressed in stylish high heels and hip hair color (depending on the day!), Caroline and her team, are flat out fun. While they are efficient and fast on their feet (despite the heels), they love a good chat, hearing about your life and gossiping over celebrity magazines. They genuinely want to get to know you so that they can read your thoughts and create the style you are craving.
Originally from South Africa, Caroline studied the art of hair in her home country before relocating to Switzerland. At a young age, Caroline has accomplished what many only dream of and she continues to move full steam ahead. She began her career in Zurich offering ladies hair services in the comfort of their own homes, before she opened her first salon many years ago. She was one of the first salons to bring the authentic Brazilian Blowout to Zurich and now she is a fixture in Zurich’s world of beauty.
4. The Craft. Color is their game! If you are looking to enhance the natural color or go bold with a look you’ve been longing for, Caroline and her team are color specialists, often scheduling development workshops together to brush up on their own techniques. They have curated a talent for coloring, helping you create the perfect look to compliment the shape of your face, skin tone and personality. You are welcome to book a free consultation to get some personal advice you can feel good about.
Caroline & her team offer bridal and special occasion styling as well as drop-dead gorgeous make up application services for that special night out. Whether you have a special birthday, wedding or a gala to attend, inquire about having someone visit your home or hotel to help you complete that perfect look.
5. The Shop. Next time you need a new leave-in conditioner, protective mask or hairspray, check out the online shop at CarolineRohwer.com. There is a fab range of silver shine products for blonde or grey hair, and the nourishing muru muru butter sounds lovely with ingredients that include: orange extract, orange essential oil, argan oil, bergamot essential oil, cocoa butter, beeswax, coconut oil, shea butter, organic muru muru butter and castor seed oil. The team will carefully package your order and have it shipped to your address before you can even think about having to go outside with your mask on.
Caroline Rohwer Hairdressing
Zurich | Apollostrasse 8, 8032 (map)
Tel: +41 44 380 29 05
Zug | Ober Altstadt 9 (map)
Tel: +41 41 210 93 93
How to Win an Advent Calendar Prize?
Complete the form below to enter to win today’s prize.
Daily from 1 – 25 December, Girlfriend Guide is giving away 25 gifts in 25 days to 25 winners.
share this page on:
This year, we need safe options to celebrate the holidays and Switzerland’s glorious winter season. Covid may require us to distance and imagine smiles behind masks…however, it cannot dampen our desire to explore.read more
Lockdown was catastrophic for small businesses, but the these trailblazers found strength from within and didn’t skip a beat. We are honored to share their stories.read more