Top 5 reasons we love Yardbird Southern Fried Chicken…
1. The Name. In the deep South, chickens run freely in the backyard and are referred to as the “Yardbirds”. It’s a staple to find them as a fixture in that part of the world… and in Zurich, the best American-style Southern Fried Chicken can be found at Yardbird 7 days a week for dinner.
2. The Chicken. Served just the way we like it, double-fried buttermilk with four on-the-bone pieces per portion. The chicken is locally sourced, brined for 24-hours and tossed with the special in-house spice combination. The secret to their moist and succulent chicken is in the brine…check it out for yourself!
3. The Spin. While each menu creation is inspired by traditional, local delicacies from the South, you will find a modern twist for all tastebuds, such as: lemon-pepper, parmesan crusted or spicy Seoul style. For those looking to bring the goodness home, check out the new online shop where vouchers, posters, sauces and clothing can be found.
4. The Cocktails. While the fried chicken takes center stage, the cocktails are Killa (Beez that is!). The drink menu has 10 special craft cocktails that range from Bourbon Sweet Tea to Rosé All Day. Have a look at our full article about the opening of Yardbird to learn more about inspiration behind this fun cocktail menu.
5. The Team. After The Bite received such a welcome from the city, the owners soon added Brisket Southern BBQ & Bar (2015), Yardbird Southern Fried Chicken (2017) and their fourth and latest restaurant concept, LA Brea SoCal Tacos (29 Nov 2019). Thomas, Stephan and Kirtanya von Matt, are family members who entered the gastronomy scene in Zurich with tasty burgers and have been contributing an American influence ever since. What we love most is that they care about authenticity and do intensive research prior to opening a new location…at Yardbird you will find fried chicken inspiration that spreads all across the southern United States, and LA Brea consisted of a lengthy research trip that took them down to Mexico City from Los Angeles for authentic courses that ensured their salsas and sauces are perfected down to the sweet and fiery levels that compliment their menu. Their passion can be tasted with every bite, sight and delight!
Grand Prize: A CHF 50 Gift Voucher for Yardbird Southern Fried Chicken. The voucher is redeemable at this restaurant only. The amount is non-refundable, no cashback if amount not used in full.
How to Win an Advent Calendar Prize?
Complete the form below to enter to win today’s prize.
Daily from 1 – 25 December, Girlfriend Guide is giving away 25 gifts in 25 days to 25 winners.
share this page on: