Top 5 Reasons we love Hôtel Bourbon…
1. The Boxes. The winner of this prize will receive a Dinner Box that needs to be picked up directly from Hôtel Bourbon before 23 December…however, anyone can choose from an Apèro Box or a 3-Course Dinner Box for pickup or delivery. You will find it contains all ingredients for a 3-course dinner to prepare at home with instructions on how to heat up the individual items. Since the dinner box is prepared fresh, it would need to be picked up and consumed the same day.
2. The Solutions. Desperate times call for desperate measures and the BAG regulations are making it horribly difficult for restaurants to survive. However, the team behind Hôtel Bourbon never skip a beat and they continue to roll out one solution after another to keep you fed with high quality flavors, while keeping their staff busy working in a safe environment. These Boxes are an incredible option and an innovative trend for the future of restaurants until things get back to normal. Meanwhile, book your lunch here, there are still some tables available next week.
3. The Menu. The vibe at Hôtel Bourbon can be described as when the cool kid moves from Paris to New York’s East Village and is high on life, he invites all his friends into his loft to celebrate, you can check out our opening article. Here is where classic French cuisine meets the New Yorker lifestyle…seriously chill but with high expectations. The classically trained French chef – Head Chef Paul Cottanceau-Pocard – has made palates dance at the Sydney Opera House, before expressing his out-of-the-box creativity to put dishes like the East Village pâté en croute on the menu to surprise diners with it’s smoked beef brisket and pastrami spice blend.
4. The Art. Local artist Jerry Kueng is the visionary behind everything from the logo to the artwork adorning the walls. He’s the creative genius who sketches in some Nikes on King Louis XIV, adds a blindfold and bottle of wine to the Mona Lisa and spray paints a plea from Tupac to Call the Cops.
This is the place where you want to meet a friend for a glass of wine, and stay for a damn good meal complete with another full bottle from the cellar…this Corona will be over soon so we can all do just that!
5. The Team. From the owners behind The Bite (2013), Brisket Southern BBQ & Bar (2015), Yardbird Southern Fried Chicken (2017), LA Brea SoCal Tacos (2019) and Hôtel Bourbon (2020)…Thomas, Stephan and Kirtanya von Matt, are family members who entered the gastronomy scene in Zurich with The Bite and have been contributing an American influence ever since. What we love most about their fifth restaurant to join the family is that they did it during the height of an unfortunate pandemic where 25% of restaurants are sadly expected to close their doors. The founders put their quarantine time to good use by keeping their team safe, afloat and busy working on this innovative concept in the heart of Zurich’s Niederdorf.
Photos: Andrea Monica Hug
How to Win an Advent Calendar Prize?
Complete the form below to enter to win today’s prize.
Daily from 1 – 25 December, Girlfriend Guide is giving away 25 gifts in 25 days to 25 winners.
share this page on:
This year, we need safe options to celebrate the holidays and Switzerland’s glorious winter season. Covid may require us to distance and imagine smiles behind masks…however, it cannot dampen our desire to explore.read more
Lockdown was catastrophic for small businesses, but the these trailblazers found strength from within and didn’t skip a beat. We are honored to share their stories.read more