Top 5 Reasons we love Brisket Southern BBQ & Bar…
1. The BBQ. Yes, there is a seasonal Vegetarian option for our anti-carne friends, but we love Brisket for the mouth-watering, finger-licking, sticky and delicious BBQ. It is served just as it should be, on an aluminum platter lined with wax paper, meant to be drizzled with some extra BBQ sauce sitting on your table. Go big, or go home…the platters are meant to be shared and the Grand Slam is where it’s at.
2. The Vibe. Just a few steps from Hardbrucke, the urban feel of this side of the city is perfectly balanced with the high quality food and some fantastic cocktails. Southern BBQ loving families also love popping in for an early dinner with the kiddos. For those looking to bring the vibe home, check out the new online shop where vouchers, posters, sauces and clothing can be found. While in the ‘hood, be sure to visit our friends next door at Steinfel’s Wine & Spirits and mention Girlfriend Guide for your 10% discount on your purchase.
3. The Cocktails. Whether you are planning to have a meal or just meet at the bar, the beer selection and ingenious cocktails on offer at Brisket are a fantastic reason to meet up after work, on the weekends, or even during your lunch break.
4. The Desserts. Surprised? Please don’t be. Save room for dessert because Brisket has some delicious homemade options that we cannot resist. From NY Cheesecake or Key Lime Pie to Mississippi Mud Pie or even Banoffee Pie…there’s something decadent to soothe your sweet tooth.
5. The Team. After their first restaurant, The Bite, received such a welcome from the city, the owners soon added Brisket Southern BBQ & Bar (2015), Yardbird Southern Fried Chicken (2017) and their fourth and latest restaurant concept, LA Brea SoCal Tacos (29 Nov 2019). Thomas, Stephan and Kirtanya von Matt, are family members who entered the gastronomy scene in Zurich with tasty burgers and have been contributing an American influence ever since. What we love most is that they care about authenticity and do intensive research prior to opening a new location…at Yardbird you will find fried chicken inspiration that spreads all across the southern United States, and LA Brea consisted of a lengthy research trip that took them down to Mexico City from Los Angeles for authentic courses that ensured their salsas and sauces are perfected down to the sweet and fiery levels that compliment their menu. Their passion can be tasted with every bite, sight and delight!
Grand Prize: A CHF 50 Gift Voucher for Brisket Southern BBQ & Bar. The voucher is redeemable at this restaurant only. The amount is non-refundable, no cashback if amount not used in full.
How to Win an Advent Calendar Prize?
Complete the form below to enter to win today’s prize.
Daily from 1 – 25 December, Girlfriend Guide is giving away 25 gifts in 25 days to 25 winners.
share this page on: