Top 5 Reasons we love Brisket Southern BBQ & Bar…
1. The BBQ. Yes, there is a seasonal Vegetarian option for our anti-carne friends, but we love Brisket for the mouth-watering, finger-licking, sticky and delicious BBQ. It is served just as it should be, on an aluminum platter lined with wax paper, meant to be drizzled with some extra BBQ sauce sitting on your table. Go big, or go home…the platters are meant to be shared and the Grand Slam is where it’s at.
2. The Vibe. Just a few steps from Hardbrucke, the urban feel of this side of the city is perfectly balanced with the high quality food and some fantastic cocktails. Southern BBQ loving families also love popping in for an early dinner with the kiddos. For those looking to bring the vibe home, check out the online shop where vouchers, posters, sauces and clothing can be found. While in the ‘hood, be sure to visit our friends next door at Steinfel’s Wine & Spirits and mention Girlfriend Guide for your 10% discount on your purchase.
3. The Cocktails. Whether you are planning to have a meal or just meet at the bar, the beer selection and ingenious cocktails on offer at Brisket are a fantastic reason to meet up after work, on the weekends, or even during your lunch break.
4. The Desserts. Surprised? Please don’t be. Save room for dessert because Brisket has some delicious homemade options that we cannot resist. From NY Cheesecake or Key Lime Pie to Mississippi Mud Pie or even Banoffee Pie…there’s something decadent to soothe your sweet tooth.
5. The Team. From the owners behind The Bite (2013), Brisket Southern BBQ & Bar (2015), Yardbird Southern Fried Chicken (2017), LA Brea SoCal Tacos (2019) and Hôtel Bourbon (2020)…Thomas, Stephan and Kirtanya von Matt, are family members who entered the gastronomy scene in Zurich with The Bite and have been contributing an American influence ever since. What we love most is that they care about authenticity and do intensive research prior to opening a new location…LA Brea consisted of a lengthy research trip that took them down to Mexico City from Los Angeles for authentic courses that ensured their salsas and sauces are perfected down to the sweet and fiery levels that compliment their menu.
How to Win an Advent Calendar Prize?
Complete the form below to enter to win today’s prize.
Daily from 1 – 25 December, Girlfriend Guide is giving away 25 gifts in 25 days to 25 winners.
share this page on:
This year, we need safe options to celebrate the holidays and Switzerland’s glorious winter season. Covid may require us to distance and imagine smiles behind masks…however, it cannot dampen our desire to explore.read more
Lockdown was catastrophic for small businesses, but the these trailblazers found strength from within and didn’t skip a beat. We are honored to share their stories.read more