Top 5 Reasons we Love LA Brea SoCal Tacos…
1. The Tacos. For anyone who loves authentic tacos, you know they are difficult to find in Zurich…either the tortilla or the ingredients are not quite right. Well, our spicy prayers have been answered and LA Brea SoCal tacos opened their doors last year and continue to serve delicious tacos despite the strict BAG regulations. The basis of any great taco lies in a fantastic tortilla, a delicious protein and an incredible salsa. Here you will find flavorful, nixtamal tacos (produced in Zurich) perfectly stuffed with well-marinated and high-quality ingredients. For those dining in the restaurant between the limited hours of 5-7pm (until regulations lift), you will feel vibes that are beautiful marriage of Venice meets Palm Springs and the sauces on the table will add just as much heat as your heart desires.
2. The Roots. La Brea is a 21 mile street that served as the old highway for Californian’s driving anywhere between the Santa Monica coast and downtown LA. Rich in diverse ethnic communities, iconic hole-in-the-wall restaurants and many popular food trucks along the way, there is a heartbeat to be found within this slice of dirty paradise paying homage to Southern California…otherwise known as “SoCal”. Complete with it’s love for a laid back way of life you will find a taste of California’s Mexican influence in Switzerland’s LA Brea SoCal tacos. The menu is unique to Switzerland…not sure what to order? Go with a mixed plate…sharing is caring (about tasting everything because it’s all so good!).
3. The Huevos. Heuvos Suizos that is. A spin on the Mexican classic “Heuvos Rancheros” a staple breakfast dish for ranchers and tourists alike. It’s all in the sauce….at LA Brea you will find them complete with tortilla chips marinated with red enchilada sauce, plant-based chorizo, topped with a fried egg and feta. Hearty and delicious.
4. The Fusion. From Lebanese Falafel to Korean crispy tacos with kimchi, there is a world to explore via the LA Brea foodie highway. The menu offers so much more beyond traditional tacos with Mexican influence, but also fusion-inspired combinations that tap into North Indian, South Korean and Middle Eastern flavor profiles along with seasonal favorites, such as the pumpkin mole.
5. The Team. From the owners behind The Bite (2013), Brisket Southern BBQ & Bar (2015), Yardbird Southern Fried Chicken (2017), LA Brea SoCal Tacos (2019) and Hôtel Bourbon (2020)…Thomas, Stephan and Kirtanya von Matt, are family members who entered the gastronomy scene in Zurich with The Bite and have been contributing an American influence ever since. What we love most is that they care about authenticity and do intensive research prior to opening a new location…LA Brea consisted of a lengthy research trip that took them down to Mexico City from Los Angeles for authentic courses that ensured their salsas and sauces are perfected down to the sweet and fiery levels that compliment their menu.
How to Win an Advent Calendar Prize?
Complete the form below to enter to win today’s prize.
Daily from 1 – 25 December, Girlfriend Guide is giving away 25 gifts in 25 days to 25 winners.
share this page on:
This year, we need safe options to celebrate the holidays and Switzerland’s glorious winter season. Covid may require us to distance and imagine smiles behind masks…however, it cannot dampen our desire to explore.read more
Lockdown was catastrophic for small businesses, but the these trailblazers found strength from within and didn’t skip a beat. We are honored to share their stories.read more