Chic, not Snobish…U’nique is your hideaway to glamorize, unwind and share a few giggles. U’nique combines runway style-esque décor with warm smiles and a welcoming staff who’s demeanor is delighted to pamper you from head to toe. Offerings include traditional services such as massages, facials, waxing, manicures and pedicures as well as more “unique” specialties such as eyelash & eyebrow tinting, dry hand savoir treatments, ugly cuticle cures and go-green manicures. The stunning, charismatic owner, Demee Mahinay Koch enthralls you with the warmth of a family member, the fun-spirit of a school girlfriend and the glamour of a superstar.
Why we love U’nique…
What can be more inviting than well-styled staff greeting you with a warm and refreshing drink as you slip into a plush, cozy oversized chair? And that is just the first 5 minutes of your U’nique experience…it only gets better from here!
Treating you like the superstar you are, U’nique’s main room shines 3 spotlights directly onto the stunningly royal-purple oversized chairs with specially designed treatment “counters” (designed by Demee’s personal architect and husband). TV’s showcasing the latest fashion runways align the walls along with top-notch beauty-care products and creative specialty gift items from Demee’s “girlfriend” boutiques.
The adjacent sanctuary is ideal for a rendezvous with your best friend or mother-daughter time as 2 treatment chairs are separated from the rest of the world by a beaded curtain allowing you the intimacy and privacy a gal sometimes needs. The lower level offers 2 private rooms for pampering massages, facials and couples retreats.
Having jet-setted throughout the world herself, Demee ensures all girlfriends feel welcome and created specialized services specifically catering to various lifestyles:
- Super-Moms…Children are more than welcome into the salon. It is possible to request the smaller room with 2 treatment chairs and a dividing curtain so mom doesn’t have to fear if the little one is a little fussy.
- Ladies who Lunch….We found your spot – U’nique combines lunch with pedicures for girlfriends to laugh the lunch hour away. Bring 2 friends and the main salon is all yours!
- The Working Gals…With opening hours until 20.30 on Tuesdays and Thursdays, you won’t have to cut conference calls short to make it in time.
- For the Family Princess…Mini treatments with mini prices are available for kids.
- Manly Men…If your man’s toes look like a brittle brush, U’nique offers a variety of hand and feet services, and facial treatments specifically for men.
An idea is born…
Demee yearned to create an environment in Zurich where ladies, of all backgrounds, could experience posh pampering by passionate style experts. She dreamt of an oasis of comfort where women could unwind, chit-chat and leave feeling like a celebrity. Passionate about beauty herself, Demee loved to do her girlfriend’s eyebrows before she decided to open U’nique.
Before opening the doors in May 2010, Demee contributed countless hours to ensuring every detail was carefully thought-through. The color-schemes, furniture, products and layout all have a story behind them and were selected with the upmost care and with expert help from her design-savvy husband and renowned Swiss architect, Vera Gloor.
Helpful information and links…
U’nique’s address is Langstrasse, but it is a few feet off the main street at the corner of Roentgenstrasse so be careful not to walk right past and get yourself into a not-so-unique frenzy looking for this hidden gem.
For updates on special events, promotional discounts and new treatments, “Like” U-nique on Facebook
“Beauty Lunch Specials”
(Exceptional lunch-time Offers!)
Click for more information