|When:||02 Nov - 16 Nov
Monday to Saturday | 13.00 - 21.00
Sunday | 11.00 - 19.00
Once a year, twelve ships dock in Zurich’s Burkliplatz for the pure pleasure of wine lovers and their discerning taste buds. Whether you are a self-proclaimed wine connoisseur, or simply have an interest and fascination in discovering which wines you prefer to drink, ExpoVina is the largest wine exhibition with over 170 booths pouring over 4,000 wines
Zuri Girl Tips:
– If you decide to have lunch aboard the ships, entrance to EXPOVINA is waived from 11.30-12.30… A girl’s gotta eat, and how’s that for a free ticket?
– You may have already heard that the boats get crowded and it is possible to wait in a lengthy line for a traditional tasting pour. To escape the crowds, it is best to visit earlier in the week and during the daytime hours Hours of operation begin at 13.00 each day and in these early hours, the wine merchants are available for an enjoyable and passionate conversation about wine, while allowing you to taste as many as you would like.
– No wine may be taken from the ships so all purchases are completed via written transaction with payment and delivery available at a later date.
– Before venturing aboard, if you already have a sense of your preferred wine style, it is helpful to review the merchant guide and prioritize your tasting tour. The merchant guide allows you to search by region and locate where vendors are located. You might want to have 4-5 targeted vendors prepared in advance to ensure the night does’t pass by without the opportunity to sample your favorite blend.
– There are three restaurants aboard the ships where you can find cuisine ranging from Italian to Fondue.