Listen up wonderlusters! We’ve got 10 ideas for weekend experiences that are sure to rock your world!
Top 10 Gems of Switzerland
1. Medical Plants & Herbs Workshop. In Boltigen, Susanna Krebs hosts workshops to share how to create your own balms, massage oils, mother tinctures, Bach and soul flower remedies as well as edible buds.
2. Golf & Cycling Tour. Combine passions and make it a fitness focused weekend as you pedal around Lake Morat stopping for a put along the way.
3. Rafting Experience. In Graubünden, the Rhine Gorge is stunning for rafting. Enjoy a yummy BBQ after white-water rafting tour between rocks, steep towers and canyons.
4. History Immersion. By Lake Biel discover the series of Prehistoric pile dwellings around the Alps, comprising a selection of 111 of the almost 1,000 known archaeological pile dwelling stations in the six countries surrounding the Alps. For a rainy day program, try one of the museums featuring pile dwellings.
5. UNESCO on Horseback. One of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites near Lucern can be explored via horse! Half-day, full day and 2-day tours are led through the UNESCO biosphere by a private guide from May to October.
6. Geo-Park Exploration. In Castel San Pietro, you’ll find the 1st Swiss geo-park and one of the most important geo-topes in Switzerland.
7. Hiking Vineyards. The Tour du Vin, led by a local guide near Sion uncovers Roman thermal baths, gastronomy in the Valais, regional grapes and of course a taste of the local wine & food along the way.
8. Animal Trekking. Have you ever hiked with a Yek? Us either, but we all can give it a try in Les Sentier via a 2-5 day hike & tent camping experience. As the hikes can be up to 7 hours, best to leave the kiddos with Oma for this one.
9. Climb 350-meters. Ok, not for everybody, but pretty cool if you’re one of the strong-armed climbers that can make the Kandersteg-Allmenalp via ferrate!
10. Absinthe Allowed. While we might think of Absinthe as taboo, Val de Travers hosts a distillery and workshop about the herbal liquor.
For more fun in summer, check out our favorite Swiss Events happening this year!