Now that summer is officially here, we have only two burning questions: 1) What’s in your Badi Beach Bag and 2) Which Badi are you going to? We rounded up some of our favorite products to put together the perfect Badi Beach Bag and we are giving away a complete bag to one lucky winner! Next, we searched Switzerland for the coolest Badi’s, Lido’s and Piscine’s …this is the season for exploration and fun in the sun!
What’s in your Badi Beach Bag?
We love to support Swiss Fashion Designers and recently came across this perfect Beach Bag from AgentSpécial…it is a hand woven bag made from upcycled materials that are resistant to temperature, water and sun. Perfect for summer 2018! Fill your bag with the following goodies and keep it by the door so you can treat yourself to badi visits all summer long!
- Beach & Go Tote by AgentSpécial – This attractive handwoven design is created from upcycled material used for waterproof food packaging. The material would be wasted if not recovered, cleverly cut, folded, braided, and sewn into this fashionable design.
- Pista Beach Mat by Bombay Birds – With it’s beautiful hand-block printed patterns, removable bolster and 100% cotton quilted filling, this beach mat is ideal for chilling at the badi and soaking in that warm summer sun.
- Beach Towel by Frottee di Mare – A finely twisted terry thread design surprises you with two artistic designs on each side of the towel. Rich in color and luxuriously plush, this beach towel will maintain it’s quality for many years to come.
- Inflatable beach pillow at LABO Spa – Long gone are the days of resting your head on an empty bag, books or a bunched up towel. This inflatable beach pillow is lightweight, colorful and practical…also makes the perfect gift!
- Havaianas Summer Sandals – Summer is not complete without a comfortable pair of sandals and we love Brazil’s original Havaianas for their lightweight and elegant rubber sole, especially this one from the “You Riviera” collection available at Manor and Och Sport.
- The Organic Pharmacy SPF 30 at Greenlane – Don’t forget to protect your precious skin with sunscreen and the best product we found is this one! Complete with nourishing plant oils, butters and antioxidant herbal extracts this natural sunscreen is suitable for the entire family, including babies.
- Hydrating 2-Second Sprays by LUXES – Botanical extracts are encapsulated witin these oil-free sprays that absorb in seconds and moisturize quickly. Conveniently found at the Bellevue Apotheke, you will love the hydrating and uplifting benefits of these natural skincare products.
- Reusable Snack Box by ECO Brotbox CH – No visit to the Badi is complete without some snacks and incase you missed our article on “Tips for a Zero Waste Lifestyle” we love these lightweight stainless steel reusable containers that are great for keeping snacks fresh and the planet clean!
ENTER TO WIN A COMPLETE BEACH BAG HERE! (contest ends 30 June 2018)
Our Favorite Badi’s in Switzerland:
While Zurich is lovely in the summer, it’s fun to explore other regions for a taste of the joie de vivre or la dolce vita celebrated by locals. Here’s a roundup of our favorites outside our beloved city:
Less than an hour outside Zurich you will find a jawdropping selection of swimming pools, water slides and playground activities that can be accessed during a day-trip. The restaurant was recently renovated with more 40 new tables and 170 new chairs. From diving off the high tower, splashing around in the pool designed for non-swimmers, or wizzing down one of the fun slides, Schwimmbad Zofingen is a fun experience for all. For a full day’s itinerary, visit the Animal Park near the pool!
For more of an upscale adult sunbathing adventure, the Rhybadi Schaffhausen is a local favorite. Since 1870, this swimming destination is the oldest and largest constructed in Switzerland, possibly even Europe! The cultural program includes numerous musical events and an open air cinema in the summer, along with sunrise and sunset yoga. Check out this link for more tips on visiting the Rhine Falls and Schaffhausen.
Bains des Pâquis – Geneva
One of the most popular spots in Geneva all year ’round is the Bains des Pâquis. With breathtaking views of the city’s architecture, alpine landscape and iconic jet d’Eau, this artificial peninsula really comes to life in the summer. The restaurant has affordable daily menus (if you ever go during the winter…the fondue is not to miss!) and there are often live musical events taking place all summer long. In addition to the lake access and high diving board, there are two sauanas, hammam and turkish baths.
Brigerbad – Brig
Brigerbad is a little village located within the Rhone valley and is minutes away from the town centres of Brig and Visp. The name derives from the local hot springs – the baths of Brig. With a wide variety of nature activities, Brigerbad is also home to one of the many thermal pools in Switzerland. The pools consist of 16 different basins which differ in size and temperature. There is also a giant waterslide enjoyed by all ages!
Lido Locarno – Ticino
Four waterslides, large pools, small pools, a sandy lakefront beach…something for everyone! Boasting the first looping slide in Switzerland, you and the kids will enjoy an adrenaline rush again and again this summer at Lido Locarno, a true oasis of relaxation directly on Lake Maggiore. Check out our article about how you can travel free in Ticino with other ideas you can do in the region.
Nid-du-Cro – Neuchâtel
The city of Neuchâtel, located on the edge of the lake offers a range of entertainment and relaxation for lovers of swimming. With direct lake access, it has a well-supervised swimming pool available to the public. The multi-height diving towers, slides, and pools with varying temperatures, Nid-du-Cro is a perfect place to spend your day during the summer season in the French region of Switzerland. Check out our article on popular summer events in Neuchâtel.
Aquabasilea – Basel
Looking to escape the sun but still take the kids to the pool? Aquabasilea is the place to be all year round. The swimming complex houses a large beautiful open swimming pool with water slides, a wave pool, and two water canyons. For young babies, the splash pool is a fun way to invigorate all their senses!