Valentines Day is on a Wednesday this year. That means that between work and the kids, we need to squeeze in time for a little lovewith our better half! Zurich has lots of cool options for Date Night. Anything from a handmade chocolate experience to a sexy sit down dinner for two! Here are 10 fun ideas for you to plan for this years February 14th.
- Don’t have time in the evening for the two of you? No problemo. Hop on over to Zum Guten Gluck for a romantic brunch. Nothing screams out “I love you” more than buttery pancakes and waffles…are we right?
- Ice skating is probably the most romantic thing there is. Holding hands while skating around on a cold winters day. Or holding onto your date for dear life so you don’t fall, that works too! Grab your skates and head on over to the Dolder Open-air ice rink.
- Cupcakes are desserts made of love. Thats why you should buy your hubby some for the big VDAY! FlourPower Cupcakes is where you’ll find all of the favorites. Anything from Oreo cookie to Red Velvet, he will love you forever after eating one of these!
- Feminine with just a touch of rebellion, we are in love with the lingerie at Tezenis (located at Glattzentrum). Treat yourself to sexy asymmetrical cut-outs, embossing combined with metal rings and a corset effect that provides provocative details and undeniable sensuality.
- Classic movie night. We love going to the movies, especially with our significant other! Head on over to the local movie theater for a great film and make sure not to miss out on the popcorn! We know it’s been awhile, but go ahead and hold hands during the movie, you won’t regret it. Check out the movie list here!
- Want to go out for dinner? We’ve got some excellent recommendations for Valentines Day Specials! If you don’t feel like breaking the budget, check out a restaurant like Yardbird for some tasty friend chicken!
- Go out for ice-cream. Gelati Tellhof is open all year round and is the perfect place to spend your dessert on VDAY.
- Make his favorite meal, or prepare a dinner where you can cook together and enjoy some wine. Order a bottle of Swiss wine from Swiss Wine Selection to enjoy at home!
- Make chocolate together! Head on over to one of the local chocolate factories for a tour and enjoy making your own set of tasty chocolates! The two best chocolate programs are at Lindt & Sprüngli in Kilchberg, and at Cailler in Broc near Gruyère.
- Make it a fun day for your beer lov’in hubby and take him out to one of many beer gardens in Zurich or the International Beer Bar
Have other romantic Valentines Day ideas? Please tell us!
Originally from Lincoln, Nebraska (USA), Abbey Flury is a journalism enthusiast. After studying Journalism and Mass Communications at the University of Nebraska, she moved to Switzerland to be with her then fiancé, now husband. After just two years in Switzerland she found herself immersed into the rich French culture of Neuchâtel. With skills in German, French, and English, she quickly made Switzerland her new home! With a strong ability to write and conduct research, Abbey quickly became a big asset to the Girlfriend Guide team and continues to show her skills in communications every single day.